I wanted to send another fire update today to inform where you can get the most updated information from CAL FIRE regarding the status of the Lilac Fire and share additional resources that have been provided to our office.
CAL FIRE’s update on the Lilac Fire can be found at www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents/incidentdetails/Index/1928.
CAL FIRE also frequently provides important updates on its Twitter page at twitter.com/CALFIRE_PIO.
Another place you can get updates from is San Diego County Emergency Site: www.sdcountyemergency.com.
Here is an updated list of evacuation centers that our office has received:
- East Valley Community Center: 2245 E Valley Pkwy, Escondido, CA 92027
- Fallbrook High School: 2400 S Stage Coach Ln, Fallbrook, CA 92028
- Great Oak High School: 32555 Deer Hollow Way, Temecula, CA 92592
- Stagecoach Community Park: 3420 Camino De Los Coches, Carlsbad, CA 92009 (Full as of the morning of 12/8)
- Oceanside High School: 1 Pirates Cove Way, Oceanside, CA 92054 (Full as of the morning of 12/8)
- Palomar College: 1140 W Mission Rd, San Marcos, CA 92069
- Bostonia Park & Recreation Center: 1049 Bostonia St, El Cajon, CA 92021
- Del Mar Fairgrounds: 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd, Del Mar, CA 92014 (Shelter for large animals. Enter through the Stable Gate. Call 858-755-1161.)
Lyft is providing a code for anyone affected by the fires to use. When you use the code "KEEPSDSAFE" on your Lyft app, you will be given $50 ride to and from the evacuation centers listed above. Visit here to download the app or to learn more: www.lyft.com/invite/KEEPSDSAFE.
As a reminder, visit www.readysandiego.org to learn how to prepare an emergency kit in the event that you are asked to evacuate.
I hope this information is helpful to you and any of your friends or family members impacted by the current fire emergency.
It's an honor to serve you, and please stay safe.
P.S. Please contact me at email@example.com or call my office at 619-596-3136 if you are aware of resources that will be helpful for those affected by this current fire emergency. We want to make sure that all of my constituents have the resources they need during this emergency.
El Cajon District Office
500 Fesler Street, Suite 201
El Cajon, CA 92020